Monday, May 22, 2017

Quick N' Easy Diy Jewelry Hanger

 We've lived in our house for almost four years and my mirror, on my side of the room was still sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall....until today.
While cleaning up my room today, I decided that I needed to hang my mirror up so, you know, I could use it.  While thinking along those lines I also thought that I needed to do something about my jewelry hanging by thumb tacks on the wall.  Can you say tacky?  Haha!  Yeah, that's how I roll sometimes.
Well, I got the idea to put some hooks, which I had already, on the bottom of the mirror and hang the mirror so I could use it.  This is how I did, in less than 30 minutes...
                              
                             Before
 

 The first thing that I did was measure the bottom of the mirror.  It was 18 in.  and I decided that I needed a lot of hooks, I ended up using 10.  So, I marked every 2 inches so I'd know where to put the hooks.
I didn't use a drill because the wood of the frame
is pine and pretty soft.  If the frame was a harder
wood, like oak or walnut or something like that then a drill might be needed.  As for me, I just started screwing them into the frame at each of my marks.  It may take some effort to get them started but once you get it in there they screw in pretty easily. 
Then, hang it on your wall, hang your jewelry on it and voila!  You did it!  Ah!  Much better than before and now I can "check myself before I wreck myself".  Haha!  But seriously, it's going to be nice to grab a piece of jewelry and when I put it on I can use the mirror to make sure it looks great! 





            After
Hope you liked this little DIY tutorial!  How have you made your life a little easier lately?  
Let me know in the comments below!  Have a great day and thanks for coming over! 

Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment