Thursday, March 23, 2017

My 5 Ways To Feel Productive Everyday

Let's face it!  We don't always wake up in the mornings feeling extra chipper and ready to take on the day.  Am I right?  Yes.  I think I am.  Well at least for me it's like that.  First of all, I go to bed kind of late and that does not help my mornings feel bright and cheery.  Not good if you're a mom, right?  Every morning I think, "I really need to go to bed earlier, then when it's finally time to put the kids to bed, I think, "What can I do with this time with NO kids?"  Hence the reason I end up staying up too late.  Vicious cycle and a whole other blog post for another day. 
Today I want to talk about what I do to feel productive on those days when I don't feel like being productive...know what I mean?  Here are some things that I've found to help me feel productive...

1.  Essential oils!
 I just started with the oils at the end of last year, and I LOVE them!!!  How did I ever get along without them!  I just found a great combo too!  Wild Orange and Peppermint!  The orange gives you motivation and energy and the peppermint helps to give you energy and a cooling sensation that just wakes you up and gets you going!  WOW!  What a difference it makes.  I got so much accomplished yesterday when I tried it!  I got my laundry all DONE...including folding and putting away.  (Miracle, right there people).   If you don't have essential oils and would like to try them/find out more about them then click here to contact me.  I am a wellness advocate for DoTerra and would love to help you have them in your home.

2.  Do something simple

What do I mean by that?  Well, when we're especially tired in the morning and do not want to do anything.  If you start out doing something as easy as cleaning out the dishwasher, sweeping under the kitchen table, sorting dirty clothes, or even taking a shower, doing things like this can get that energy started to go onto the the harder jobs.  Taking a shower is probably the best way for me to get going in the mornings and take some essential oils in the shower with (lemon, orange, grapefruit, or peppermint) anything to wake you up.  I tried that as well and it is so nice!  Turns my shower into a spa experience.  Love it!  Then, if I'm still feeling like I don't want to do anything, then I'll sort laundry, fold large articles of "clean" clothing (such as towels, unload the dishwasher, etc.   

3.  Get Moving
Another thing you can do is go for a jog or walk around the neighbor, or go to the gym.  If you have young kids, invest in a good stroller or have them ride their bikes with you.  They'll love getting out and a little sunshine is always good too.  I know I always feel better after a jog or walk.  I know it can be hard to get out there but I promise you it is totally worth it EVERY TIME!

4.  Drink Water
Drinking water has been proven to produce energy and relieve fatigue.  Studies show that by drinking an 8oz. glass of water every morning before eating helps your organs to function better.  It also helps to flush out toxins in the body.  Put in a couple drops of lemon essential oil (or any citrus oil) and make your water drinking experience that much better.  It makes the water taste fresher and yummier!  (Is that a word?)  Oh well. (The oil also helps to rid the body of toxins.)
Drinking water has so many benefits!  I think I'll save that discussion for another blog post. 

5.    Put on the Jams
Last and certainly not and least, put some music on.  Something that can get you moving.  Whether it's pop, metal, country, classical or even a podcast.  Whatever your music taste is, it can help you get your day going.       


I hope these suggestions help you feel more productive today and everyday.  What do you do to feel more productive?  I'd love to know!  Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
Have a great day!    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment