Thursday, July 23, 2020

Chunky Hair Bows

Hello and Welcome to my blog!  Today I'm going to share with you my pattern for these cute Chunky Hair Bows.  They are so fun to make and take no time at all!  I shouldn't really call them hair bows because you can use them for anything!  For example, I'm going to put one on a hat that I'm making right now and you can also put them on bags, clothing, artwork....the possibilities are endless.  You can even use them as little boys bow ties, ooooo that would be cute!  Anyway, let's get into this tutorial....




So, first of all, let's talk about what you'll need;

- Chunky yarn size 6 - if you're making a big chunky bow like I'm wearing above
- Size 4 worsted weight yarn - if you're making a regular sized bow like my daughter is wearing.
- Size L-8mm crochet hook (for size 4 yarn - size J-6mm hook)
- Embroidery needle - to weave in your ends
- Scissors 
- Stitch marker

Stitch Key

Ch. - chain
St(s) - stitch(es)
SC - single crochet
Hdc - half double crochet
Slst - slip stitch

Ch. 12
Round 1:  In the 3rd ch. from hook, 1 Hdc. Then 1 Hdc in each of the next 3 Sts., then 1 Sc in next two Sts. then 4 Hdc in next 3 sts., then 3 Hdc in next st. then 1 Hdc in next 4 sts. then 1 Sc in next 2 sts, then 1 Hdc in next 3 sts, then 3 Hdc in next st.  Slst in 1st Hdc (to close up that space)
Note* If you'd like a different color for the trim (like the bottom picture) this is where you'll change colors. 
Round 2:  Ch. 1, then 1Sc in next 8 sts, then 2 Sc in next 2 st, then 1 Sc in next 8 sts, then 2 Sc in next 2 sts. Slst in 1st Sc. Then tie off and weave in your ends. 
Fold center of bow like an accordian and wrap yarn around, making sure that the end that you start with is long enough to tie in a knot.  Keep wrapping around the bow, making sure you have the wrap centered and wrap as much as you like then tie in a knot and weave those ends under the wrapped yarn and You're done!  See I told it was quick and easy! 

Thanks for coming over and learning from me!  I truly hope you and you're family and friends are doing well!  Have a great day and come back soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment